Thursday, November 12, 2009

In The End it all matters-The AfricanBurialGround

The day we went to the African Burial Ground I learned alot.I learned about slave life and the people undisturbed and still under the monument.Going there also made me think.
I thought about how many people died.I thought about how many people were buried unde NEW YORK state.I also thought about how they lived before.I thought about alot and that made me wonder.
Going to the African Burial Ground also made me wonder.It made me wonder about the fact that one of those african americans are my ancestors.It made me wonder about how much pain they went through.It made me wonder how my life would be if stepped in their shoes.How would that feel?
Going there also made me feel for a small period of time how it felt to be them.It made me feel the pain the went through.It made me feel as if i were talking to them and observing their heartache.
I had a very good time at the African Burial Ground.It showed me and gave me alot of information .I had fun and I learned alot and thats the best part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yourie,

Your reflection reads like a poem. Was that your intention? If it wasn't, you might want to consider creating a poem from your experience. I love that the trip made you think about not only your past, but that of a whole generation of peoples' pain. Great Job. just a reminder, be sure to proof read your posts for spelling and grammar mistakes.

Mr. Heyward